Allen County Appraisers Office
1 N. Washington
Iola, KS 66749
email: appraiser @allencounty.org
(located on the upper level of the courthouse)
The appraisers office is responsible for determining the fair market value of
all assessable properties. The appraiser analyzes trends in sales prices, construction costs,
and rents to estimate such value.
The appraiser also has the following additional duties:
- Track ownership changes of property
- Maintain maps of parcel boundaries
- Keep up to date descriptions of buildings and property characteristics
- Track individuals and properties eligible for exemption and
other forms of property tax relief
- Planning and Determination housed within the appraiser's office.